What are the advantages of engaging online?
Engaging online allows you to have your say in the Council’s decision making process in your own time and comfort:
- You don't have to attend community meetings at a set place and time, you can contribute at a time and place that suits you.
- It is a quick, safe and convenient way to have your say on a range of issues and topics.
- It is a great way to keep up to date and contribute your views on issues affecting your community.
- You can see what other community members think about an issue or topic, respond with your own views and engage in a discussion.
- It allows for a range of different people, with different views to discuss matters that impact their community.
How does being a registered user benefit me?
Knowing a little more about who you are and how you use the City and your interests when it comes to City projects. This information and your feedback will help us determine, for example, how people in different areas of the city are feeling about a different topic. It will also help us to target feedback from specific groups (e.g. ward, age, gender) and in turn will provide a richer and more valuable response to help staff and Council make decisions.
I signed up but didn't receive the activation email. What should I do?
- The email may have gone into your "spam email" folder. Check there first!
- Your email service provider may have a very strong firewall that is blocking the activation email. This happens occasionally. Contact your service provider.
- You may have typed your email address incorrectly - it's very easy to inadvertently use a comma instead of an underscore!
I have tried to register, but my email address has already been taken? How is this possible?
- Someone else in your family has used your email address to establish an account in the past;
- You have used this site before and forgotten; in which case see question: I've forgotten my password and/or my username. What should I do?
I've forgotten my password and/or my username. What should I do?
How can I edit my profile?
Log into your account on the Engage Eugene site. Once you're logged in you'll see your Username above Homepage banner in the top right hand corner. Click on the drop down arrow, which brings up a menu, then click Profile and make any updates.
How do I submit my feedback?
Your feedback can be submitted via the online forums, quick polls and surveys relevant to each of the projects currently open for consultation. To participate simply register on Engage Eugene.
Alternatively, comments can be emailed to email@example.com, or posted to:
What happens to my feedback / comments?
All comments, ideas and suggestions are collated and used by the relevant project manager to inform the development of strategies, programs, activities and designs, or to gain an insight into community views and opinions.
Often, feedback provided online is used in conjunction with other face-to-face consultation activities such as workshops, meetings, open days or surveys.
When each consultation closes, all contributions are compiled into a report, which will be presented to Council when considering the particular matter.
All feedback provided during consultation will be considered, however this does not mean that every suggestion can be taken on board and adopted as proposed.
Is it anonymous?
Yes! Your privacy is totally protected because 'Engage Eugene' is hosted and moderated by an external independent organisation, Bang the Table.
How is the site moderated?
All moderation is carried out by Bang the Table and is independent of the City of Eugene. The moderators do not edit or alter any comments and will only remove comments deemed to be significantly off topic, offensive or malicious, in which case they are removed from the site immediately and the user will be given a chance to edit their post and re-submit.
Refer to the Moderation guidelines.
Who can I contact about Engage Eugene?
If you have any questions about content, or the engagement process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.orgIf you have a question regarding a specific project currently open for consultation, please contact the relevant project manager. Their contact details can be found in the Team Members section for each project.